Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CAMPING WITH THE COUSINS

We went camping with the cousins up past Kamas, Ut last weekend. It was so great. A little wet but not wet enough to stop us from hiking and four wheeling or having a fire.
Two must be the perfect age for riding in a backpack because Mason loved it. He thought he was king of the world and would come running to get into the back pack the next time. Taylor and Cameron were fast hikers. I sometimes had to catch up to them. Yes I am old. Dad might need to work on his squats so to protect Mason's head from branches. All in all hiking was perfect and great success each time.

Grandma Carol had a great time chasing Mason around with a stick. I don't know who was laughing more.
I think the award with the Biggest Excitement goes to Grandpa Richard, for getting to ride his four wheeler. They got snowed on and still had fun. Ethan took Taylor out for a ride the day before and on the way down asked Taylor if he wanted to drive. He said yes and was a little scared. It took courage for Taylor to do it and when he got back you could see how proud of himself he was ALL OVER HIS FACE. I too drove for really the first time in my life and did it on a very rocky road. I took it as fast as I thought I could and really loved it. I can see how it can be ridden like a sport. I want to buy two of them now.

We can't wait until we can go camping again !

5 comments:

Clint and Elle said...

That looks like so much fun! What a beautiful place you went to. I have family in Kamas and didn't remember it being that beautiful.

Heidi P said...

Cute pictures & cute family, your kids are so big! Guess we need to have a Halloween Party so I can see them again!
Looks like fun!

Ashley said...

What a fun camping trip. I'm glad you all had a fun time. 4- wheeling is so much fun. Chris and I went up to Kamas right before I got pregnant. It is beautiful!

Alice said...

Yay for camping. I bet all those little boy cousins have so much fun when they are all together, and probably cause a little trouble too. :)

Lindsay AJ said...

Hey awesome pics! I just dicovered your blog so I will have to check in with you more often. That camping trip looks like a blast. We just got back from camping and can't wait to go again either.