Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 5















On Monday we went to the Colorado Butterfly Pavilion. It's like a zoo but for bugs. We were all very grossed out by the size of some of those bugs and the number of legs. They were all alive which made it even creepier. All and all a great place to take four boys on a family vacation. We even got to hold some of the bugs. Aaron and I held a tarantula named Rosie. VERY COOL. They had a small water section were we all could pet the star fish and sea-enchants.

Taylor, Cameron, and Mason climbed all over a hug spider web. And Taylor and I tried to be as tall as this praying mantas.

Last but not least, the Butterfly Green House. I think I loved it here more than anyone else. I didn't know I liked butterflies so much, until this day. Colorado has created a huge enclosed green house where they release and keep the butterflies. It's really humid and green. Twice a day they release a new bunch of butterflies. Here I have a picture of the developing butterflies coming out of their cocoons. I wish I could describe how cool it felt to have them fling all around me. You just had to be there.

I think I like butterflies because in life when ever one flies by everyone stops to watch. We all hold really still to look close, until it flies away. It's like a shooting star. You only get to see them once in a while and only when you are outside.

So here I am standing in a room filled with them. They were all really bright, vibrant colors. Red. Blue. Green. Yellow.

That is the end of our annual family vacation. We had a really good time. Thanks to Clair and Cathy for there house, food, and love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When on earth did you find the time to post all these pictures of your vacation. I'm looking at them at 5:30am on July 4th. You are one dedicated girl because I know you have fun fun things planned for today. All the fun things you do make me envious. Wish I could be there with you doing all the fun stuff you do.
Love Mom

Clint and Elle said...

Glad you had a great time on your vacation. The pictures are wonderful.

The Hulls said...

Wow,
It looks like you had a wonderful time. I've always wanted to go to Colorado. I can't believe the great places you were able to find, too much fun!! Hey I got your invitation for bear lake as well. Count us in and let me know if I can bring anything or help out in any way!! Can't wait. I love, love, love the invitation too. Great job!