Monday, June 16, 2008

The 1st annual Borgstom Family Reunion

What makes up a family?
Marriage? Blood? Time and effort? Love?
Can you cut someone out of your family?

Because I have a lot of different kinds of relationships in my life, so the question of who is my family comes up in my mind a lot. I would love to get a response from everyone. Here is the question....
What makes a family a family?

Saturday I was able to go to The First Annual Borgstrom Family Reunion. It was so much fun. You see after my parents got a divorce, around 1982 my mom married a good man by the name of Mike Borgstrom, in 1987. Then introducing a whole butch of good people that I could call family. Then in 1997 I married Aaron and we lived in Salt Lake City for 7 years without much mediate family members around. Our friends and extended family were the ones there to love, help, and support where blood was not. So I ask you again what is it that makes someone a family member, support, effort, love, or not it's just blood and marriage? Then I ask you what is stronger... blood OR support?

Here are some great pictures of Saturday's fun. Aunt LouAnn was in charge of the games and we really had a lot of fun. There was great food and thanks you Brad for the house and yard to do it all in. Sheila started the whole idea and made it happen. The Borgstrom people are so nice, sincere, genuine, and the most positive people I know.
Potato Sack Race Three Legged Race
Water Balloon Volleyball turned Water Fight!
After all that fun, we all were sitting around winning prices and talking. While Mason and his cuz'n (Micheal) were checking out this cooler. The pictures will tell the story. Take a look...

Micheal is Kristianna's son. Kristianna is my step dad's (Mike) daughter. So in 1982 I got a sister one year older and a bother (Scott) one year younger. Micheal and Mason were buddies the whole 4 1/2 hour family reunion. They really had a good time together and always do. They stayed in this cooler for at least 45 minutes. Until Mason decided to get his whole body inside. Micheal did not think that was fair because he couldn't fit too.
Don't you love Micheal's red curly hair? We all do. Here is a picture of everyone that could come. We missed Chad, Jessica, Jozie, Josh, Melissa, Scott, and Glenda. I left the picture large so you can click on it to blow it up if you like.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Michael looks just like Kris (except for the hair)- too cute! I think you can have many different families. They may not be connected to each other but they can all be a part of who you are.

The Hulls said...

What a great reunion! I'm glad you had so much fun. Reunions are the best. As for what makes family, Family? I grew up around all my blood relatives(extended family), so for me my support and best friends were my family. We did have some neighbors that grew up with us that too that we keep in touch with and still consider part of the fam. So I think it's whatever you want. I don't think of family verses support as seperate things, but that's because I think I have the best family ever;), no but really, your closest support and love, your best relationships, I consider family. Does that all make sense?
Loves-Steph