Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I had no idea



I have been called to be a Webelos scout leader. I new the calling was coming, since I have three boys. I was exited to learn something new, until I got my scout book. What the crap! I had to take a picture and blog it. I had no idea the scouting program is so crazy big. I am holding the hand book the scouts get. That book I understand, but why do I need a 2 and 1/2 inch 8X11 inch binder of information???????????? I am no longer exited. My biggest question is why doesn't the girls of the church get a equal program.

5 comments:

Betty Grace said...

Oh- good luck with the calling. You will totally rock it. Saw the temps in Randolph this week. Keep those summer pics in mind!! and come warm up in SLC- it's a balmy 20 degrees!! xo bgh

Lena said...

You will be great at it! I'm looking forward to seeing Robert start scouts this year too.

The Hulls said...

Good luck Crystalyn. The boys will love you. Something to keep you busy until the snow goes away huh! I don't have a clue about the scouting program either, so good luck.
Steph

Michelle said...

Tell me about it! Plus, even though the girls program is WAY less complicated and expensive, the return is better. Think of how many girls stay active vs. boys. Oh, well. Good luck!

Crystalyn said...

I've done it 4 weeks now and each week is so different. First week was just 5 boys and I. Then everyone, their families, and I. Last week was a big banquet with the parents and boys. There is so much in the scouting program.

So far I think it is a good program and it's running really well. I wish the girl had something close to that. That is not to say, take it away from the boys. I wonder if it's a crutch and the Young men leaders would not know how to walk without it.

I was an achievement day leader before I was called to a boy scout leader and I get along with boys better.