Sunday, April 10, 2011

I love to quilt

Here is my newest project. With a new baby on the way Emmett needs to move out of the crib and so he needs a bed. Thanks to by friend Katherine we have a twin bed but he has no blankets so I have added to the little jean blanket my mother made and made a blanket to go on Emmett's new bed. It's not the nicest or best but it will totally keep him warm at night.

Quilting brings out the artisic side in myself and I love to sew and it fits everybody shape and never goes out of style. It's a lasting art piece that can be around for 50 years and it tells the person I make it for that they are loved. I think I get better at it with ever quilt. This is quilt number 7. I've done one for myself, Cameron, Chad, Bella, Joshua, Mike, and now Emmett. I think Taylor is next. He wants one too.

2 comments:

The Hulls said...

Beautiful Crystalyn!! I wish we were closer so I could quilt with you. It's good to see all the recent pictures. Everyone looks great! Miss you all, can't wait til we see you again!

Unknown said...

I think your quilting enthusiasm is catching on. A levi quilt will be perfect for boys. I'll be anxious to see this one when it's finished.