Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CHECK IT OUT

Cameron and I have been working on getting our driveway cleared for over a week. Each day we are able to pound away a little more ice. In the low spots it's 4 inches thick. Some spots were 2 feet thick with 8 inches of that is ice. BUT it's warm outside and we have been inside all winter so we go out for a few hours each day and work on it. Yesterday we had the brillant idea of hot water. It worked like a champ. Cameron and I worked together on it. He would poor the hot water and I would chisel and scrape at it.

We were able to make a path the whole length of the drive way. Now when it melts the water can flow away from the house. I look out my front room window just to look at it all the tome. It gets me so exited for summer. WHO WANTS TO GO CAMPING?!!!

6 comments:

Maggie, Drue, Salem, Sutton, & Xander said...

Wow Crystalyn...that's quite the pile of snow/ice. I guess we shouldn't complain too much about our pile. We would love to meet you sometime and take all the kids swimming. We love the Kamas pool in the winter because it's indoors; the Roy one would be great fun in the summer.

The Hulls said...

I agree with Maggie, lets go swimming! Hey, most of our snow is gone now if you want to visit. We'll be out of town the next couple weekends but after that we'll be having some good fun doing a little yard-work. Can I just say I'm not loving our trees so much right now, as they have made a huge mess for us to clean up. But we're excited to get our garden going. I just heard that you can plant peas now if you want. I doubt that goes for Woodruff though, so come join us!

Alice said...

I can't believe all your snow, or rather ice. Blah. Bring on spring baby!

Ashley said...

That is lots of snow and ice! Come join us down here. We have no snow anywhere in our yard! When will you guys be down for a visit next?

Ashley said...

I would love to help you make a bag! I'm not super good at it but we could definitely make some. Email me and we can make some plans!

Heidi P said...

Thanks for the awesome comment on my blog! I am so glad your getting such amazing things out of reading too! Its fun to talk to other people and find out what they are learning. Nice to get more perspectives on such a deep way of thinking. Thanks so much! : )