Monday, September 24, 2007

Crystalyn's thoughts

I went to institute for the first time in my life. I went last Wednesday night. What I learned is so cool I want to share it with everyone. I can't stop thinking about it. I thought about calling my mom or writing a letter to Richard (Aaron's dad). Instead I'll just blog it. That way nobody feels obligated to listen and I still feel like I told someone.

I always kind of wondered who I was before I was born onto earth. Did I have a brain and to how much of a personality or interests did I have?

In the pre-earth life I was doing the same thing I am striving to do now. President Joseph Fielding Smith Jr. said, "during the ages in which we dwelt in the pre-mortal state we not only developed our various characteristics and showed worthiness and ability, or the lack of it, but we were also where such progress could be observed.

Elder Bruce R. McConkie said, "Being subject to law, and having their agency, all the spirits of men, while yet in the Eternal Presence, developed aptitudes, talents, capacities, and abilities of every sort, kind, and degree...No two spirits remained alike. Mozart became a musician;...Cain was a lair...Mary and Eve were two of the greatest of all the spirit daughters of the Father. And so it went through all the hosts of heaven, each individual developing such talents and abilities as his soul desired.

Elder Bruce R. McConkie explained: "The greatest and most important talent or capacity that any of the spirit children of the Father could gain is the talent of spirituality. Most of those who gained this talent were chosen, before they were born, to come to earth as members of the house of Israel...Though all mankind may be saved by obedience, some find it easier to believe and obey than others. Hence the concept, taught by Jesus, that his sheep know his voice and will not follow the dissident voices of the world"

I understand my place here on earth, because I understand who I am. Who I really am. I'm also exited because Rachel was right there with me in Heaven and that is who she really is.

with love, Crystalyn

2 comments:

Lena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lena said...

That's awesome that you went to Institute class. I don't even know when they are. You need to email me so we can do some real catching up! morganhome at iglide dot net. Love you girl!!